We welcome you to the 8th Annual Gasparilla International Film Festival.
Celebrating the best independent filmmakers from around the world, each March, GIFF pivots Tampa deep into the “City of the Arts” movement that runs deeply through the cultural and historical veins of our beloved city. We applaud the talent, tireless effort and dedication of our leadership, volunteers, sponsors, members and visionaries that continues to energize Tampa’s Film Festival and provide our community the unforgettable, chaotic and extraordinary celebration of FILM.
The information below will answer your questions and guide you through our festival making it an easy and enjoyable experience.
How to GIFF.
We suggest the following ways to make your selections.
- Pick up a GIFF Program Guide and browse the film listings, times and venues in print. GIFF Guides are available at the venues and are circulated via Creative Loafing the week before GIFF. We will also provide a link to download the Guide when we get closer to the festival.
- Browse our schedule online to view film listings, times, venues and trailers. GIFF has partnered with FestivalGenius as our premier platform for connecting our festival to you, our audience. While not mandatory, FestivalGenius allows you to create your own account, setup your personal calendar, watch trailers, rate movies and share everything with your social network. You can choose to utilize as many of these free features as you want or you can just simply check the online schedule to choose your film.
Certain films may require parental disgression. Please contact us if you have questions about a film’s content or subject matter.
Ah yes, we’re glad you asked! Along with Competition Films, we have Q&A Sessions with Filmmakers & Actors, Education Panels, Global Lens Screenings, Special Engagement Screenings, Workshops, Award Ceremonies, Filmmaker Lounge, Special GIFF Planned Events such as Outdoor Concerts and a Rooftop Drive-in, Daily After Parties, Members only Events, Celebrity Private Events/Dinners, GIFF’s VIP Opening Night Reception, GIFF’s Signature Gala and VIP Engagements. Some of these events are included with your ticket, pass or membership purchase, some are open to the public and some require an additional ticket purchase for entrance. Refer to our GIFF Program Guide, Online Schedule or Event Calendar for details. We have tried to make it clear what tickets are required but as always, please contact us if you have any questions.
Our Event Calendar includes both GIFF and Year-Round Events.
Good question! There are several ways to access GIFF.
- Tickets are available for entrance to individual events such as film screenings, special engagements, the VIP Opening Night Reception and GIFF’s Signature Gala. Tickets can be purchased in advance online or on the day of the show at the GIFF Box Office located at each venue. As we mentioned above, GIFF has partnered with FestivalGenius as our premier platform for connecting GIFF to our audience. In addition to online scheduling it also provides GIFF’s online ticketing. Parties and special engagements require HARD TICKETS which can be purchased online or at the door.
- Film Passes grant access to films only and film-related events, not requiring a separate entrance ticket. Daily and Total Festival Passes are available for purchase online through our partner FestivalGenius. Passes do not cover admission to parties.
- Membership provides entrance to exclusive Members Only Special Events and tickets and passes which varies with the type of membership purchased. GIFF has partnered with Eventbrite to promote and manage GIFF’s membership sales. Additional information on membership types, features and cost is available on our Become a Member page which links to online membership purchasing.
- ADVANCE ONLINE PURCHASES: Patrons can pickup thir tickets at each venue’s GIFF Box Office Will Call or the week of the festival at GIFF’s Box Office in Hyde Park. Please double check which venue is showing your film. You must present a photo ID or present your purchase receipt. Tickets must be picked up 15 minutes prior to showtime to allow for seating.
- DAY OF SHOW SALES: To purchase a ticket for that day, go to the GIFF Box Office located at each venue.
- FILM PASS PROCEDURE: All Film Screening Passes ADMIT ONE to film screenings only and applies to Members, Sponsors, Board Members, Filmmakers and Industry passes. YOU MUST BE SEATED AT LEAST 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE SCREENING. If you are not in your seat 15 minutes prior to the screening time, your seat will be given to a guest in the wait list “rush” line. No refunds, but you may exchange for another screening based on availability.
The popularity of GIFF almost guarantees films will sell out which makes it that much more important to purchase your tickets, passes and membership in advance. For SOLD OUT films, show up at the venue before showtime to enter the dedicated wait list/Rush line. Beginning approximately 15 minutes before film start time, we will sell tickets on a first-come basis based on seat availability. We accept cash only and full price for Rush tickets.
GIFF’s parties ALWAYS sellout. Buy your tickets now!
We are sorry that we can not offer refunds. However, tickets may be exchanged for another screening based on availability at each film screening venue.
Tickets cost between $12 – $15 each for screenings.
During the Festival, March 19-24, tickets should be picked up at the GIFF Box Office located at each of the venues listed below. Each venue will distribute their respective tickets. Information on each venue such as their policies can be found on their respective websites. Diabled or Elderly guests requiring assistance should notify a lobby attendant to be escorted into the theater before the crowd arrives. Other than CineBistro, venues are open to all ages. However, certain films may require parental disgression. Please contact us if you have questions about a film’s content or subject matter.
1609 West Swann Avenue
Tampa, FL 33606
Box Office Hours:
Doors open daily 30 minutes before first showtime of the day.
AGE POLICY: NO ONE UNDER 21 WILL BE ADMITTED. PROPER ID REQUIRED.
Parking is available in Hyde Park Village’s parking garage located directly across the street from the venue.
Muvico Centro Ybor
1600 East 8th Avenue
Tampa, FL 33605
Box Office Hours:
Sunday-Thursday: 12 noon – 10:30 pm
Friday & Saturday: 12 noon – 1am
Parking Garage and Valet Parking Information
711 North Franklin Street
Tampa, FL 33602
Box Office Hours:
Monday-Friday: 10am to 5pm
Evenings & Weekends: Between 1/2 hour before the first showtime of the day and 1/2 hour after the last showtime starts.
- GIFF 2014 is pleased to offer special rates with our Official Filmmaker Hotel:
- GIFF Transportation:
111 West Fortune Street, Tampa, FL 33602
Call 813-223-1351 to book your GIFF room
Booking code: “CGGIFF”
$89 per night - Includes parking, wifi,
complimentary shuttle to GIFF theaters and events,
& a 20% food & beverage discount!
Gasparilla International Film Festival
Start date: 3/19/14
End date: 3/24/14
Last day to book by: 3/7/14
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Epicurean Hotel, Autograph Collection® for 159 USD per night
Ambassador Limo 727.442.9050
Skyline Limo 813.777.2685
United Cab 813.777.7777
Yellow Cab 813.253.0121
Red Top Cab 813.418.7400
Cab Plus 813.288.8888
- What is the dress code?Opening night and evening events are Business Casual. The film screenings are casual. The dress code for the closing night party, GIFF’s Signature Gala, Cocktail/Dress to Impress.
What is the GIFF policy on Photography at the events?
At the festival you are more than welcome to take pictures for your own personal use. However, we ask you to be respectful of the celebrities and talent on site. By participating in the Gasparilla International Film Festival (GIFF), you consent for GIFF to use your photos, image and or likeness for promotional materials.
- Are the events open to the general public?With the purchase of appropriate tickets the general public can attend any event.